Skincare tips: Using the right amount of serum, moisturiser and sunscreen can help get maximum result from product. Read here to the right amount from the expert.
Skincare tips: Use sunscreen daily to protect your skin from sun damage
- Apply sunscreen properly all over your skin for optimum protection
- If you have dry skin, apply good amount of moisturiser
- Cleanse your face twice a day for clear skin
A healthy skin care routine can help you fight and prevent multiple skin issues. Not just choosing the right product, it is also important to use the right quantity of the product. Using excess or too little of the product may not offer you effective results. Also, many do not apply the product correctly and end up wasting too much of the cream or any other product they are using. Dr. Rashmi Shetty who is a dermatologist shares the correct amount of each product you should be using in one of her IGTVs. Here are all the details that can help you achieve maximum results.
How much of a skincare product to use?
1. Toner: Do not spray too much on your face. Two sprays are enough for the face, one on each side.
2. Serum: You can use up to four drops of serum to cover your face. One drop on each cheek, one for the forehead and the last one of the chin.
3. Moisturiser: You should apply an ample amount of moisturiser. The amount usually depends on the skin type. For dry skin, you need more moisturiser whereas oily and combination skin type requires comparatively less.
4. Sunscreen: It is essential to apply sunscreen daily to prevent sun damage. You should apply sunscreen on cheekbones and forehead properly as these are the most exposed area.
How to use creams?
“Do not rub the cream on your hands before applying it to the face as it can waste a lot of product. If your hands are not clean it can transfer the bacteria from the hands to the face. Also, when you are layering products, immediately apply on one another, so that each layer is nicely sealed with the other one,” Dr. Shetty adds.
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.
DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information,
health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like
HIV and AIDS,
weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.